We’re here to help! Are you pregnant, overwhelmed, and a Minnesota resident? Locate a Partnering Agency near you to apply for Cradle of Hope services.

Child Care

Cradle of Hope provides child care assistance to moms who are returning to employment or in the process of securing new employment.  A portion of the monthly cost of child care will be paid to a licensed provider following the birth of the baby or before the baby turns 4 months old.


  1. You must be a MN resident.
  2. You must be facing a crisis related to a pregnancy or birth of a child under 4 months.

 You need to be able to explain how you’ve been paying your bills with your own income and then something happened (related to the pregnancy or birth) resulting in you being behind on your bills.

Required Documents:

  1. Employment documentation letting us know when you are returning to or starting employment (info should include start date, rate, and hrs). This will show us how you will be paying your bills after you receive assistance. If you’ve already returned to work then 4 weeks worth of pay stubs will be acceptable.
  2. You must explain why you are no longer working due to your pregnancy or birth of the baby OR provide medical documentation explaining the crisis that is related to the pregnancy or birth of the baby.
  3. Be sure to bring a copy of your child care agreement (child care providers must be licensed by the state of MN). Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance if a non-licensed provider will be watching your child such as a friend or relative. 

Need help finding a licensed provider near you?  Contact Minnesota Parent Aware at: 1-888-291-9811 or go to: www.parentaware.org 

Applications are accepted by CoH Partnering Agency Staff only (not individuals) so you must meet with one of CoH’s Partnering Agencies to apply.

How to Apply:

1. Locate a CoH partnering agency near you.You can click on CoH’s interactive map to locate an agency near you. Click Here for our map. (be sure to zoom out to view all available agencies near you)


2. Call the partnering agency first. Hours and processes may vary and some agencies may require you to make an appointment or bring specific information.

3. Meet with Partnering Agency staff. During your first meeting with a Partnering Agency, they will assess your needs and explore all of the available resources that you may need including whether or not you are eligible for CoH services.    

4.Apply for Cradle of Hope assistance.Partnering Agencies will help you apply for Cradle of Hope assistance if you are eligible.  

**We will be accepting financial requests for rent assistance ONLY.