Cradle of Hope distributes portable cribs so babies have a safe place to sleep. The bassinet feature of the Portable Crib can be used for a baby weighing up to 15 lbs and unable to push up on hands and knees while the bottom level of the Portable Crib will hold a baby up to, but not exceeding, 30 lbs or 35 inches tall. In addition, the Portable Crib can be moved from place to place because it has wheels which provide for easy mobility. (All portable cribs adhere to safety standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission and ASTM International – formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials).
- Must be a MN resident.
- Must be pregnant (3rd trimester) or have a baby under 12 months old.
- Must be in need of a safe place for your baby to sleep.
- Is unable to purchase your own portable crib.
- How to Apply:
- Go to a partnering agency/crib site and apply for a portable crib. Before receiving your Portable Crib, staff will review with you some safe sleep information.To locate a partnering agency near you, click here.
- Enroll in CoH’s Safe Sleep Class where you will receive a portable crib and a baby shower basket upon completion. To learn more, click here. Safe Sleep Classes take place every Tuesday at 2pm. Call Cradle of Hope to reserve your spot: 651-478-1417
of Safe Sleep!
Baby should be ALONE inside the crib! No other people, animals, toys, soft objects, or loose bedding (this includes pillows, blankets, and bumper pads.)
- Baby should always be put to sleep on his/her BACK.
- Not his/her side or tummy.
- Baby should only sleep in a safety approved CRIB or bassinet. Use a fitted crib sheet and a firm sleep surface. No beds, car seats, swings, couches, etc. Baby can sleep with parents but NOT in the same bed.
- Room sharing without bed-sharing.
- If you have any questions or need assistance navigating our website, please call Cradle of Hope at:
- 651-636-0637 (press 1)
*Partially funded by the Minnesota Department of Health.